Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What's in a name?

¡CORRECTIONS!

I have made a horrible mistake and I am deeply embarrassed by it. In "One Taco at a Time..." I mentioned how I ran into Saúl's good friend, Fernando , at a gay bar. I continued the blog questioning his sexual orientation. The mistake was...is..his name is not Fernando. It's Luis and I have NO CLUE why I ever thought it was Fernando to begin with. We were never formally introduced and I guess I thought I heard other people call him by the name Fernando.

Fernando...oops! I mean Luis, pretty much ignored me the week after I spotted him at the Guadalajaran gay spot. Lucky for him, I was gay enough to approach him like a man. When I did, he basically dropped to his knees and opened his mouth. Figuratively that is. After a dozen text messages later, he asked me what his name was. What a stupid question I thought and answered him Fernando. No, he said, it was Luis! The first thing that came to my mind was, BUT NO, I ALREADY BLOGGED ABOUT YOU AS FERNANDO!

We made plans to return to Monica's to celebrate Mexican Independence Day. I know, I know. I really wanted to do something traditional and go to centro to watch the city's celebration. However, I thought Mexico's gayfathers would want me to spend Independence Day with the people who are still struggling for freedom. :-) God, I can be really gay sometimes.

He picked me up in his frog car and I met his boyfriend of three years. They are uber cute together, both live with Luis' mom and totally remind me of Keith and Alex of the "Keith and Alex" fame. The bar was packed as free shots of tequila were passed out the entire night. I have never seen so many inebraited gay mexicans in all my life. When we were leaving at 6 in the morn, the street had a thin layer of passed out fags mixed with puke. It was quite gross walking to the car, trying to avoid stepping on any heads. Free shots of tequila can be a bad thing.

Much to my happiness, Luis shares my obsession with Saúl, the world's hottest creation ever. We talked about his sexual orientation for most of the time and all the reasons why he has to be gay.

More importantly, Luis says the Saúl thinks I'm a gay. This is great news because he still flirts with me. Although, I was really embarrassed today. I was teaching the word "strong" and naturally described myself. Saúl grabbed my bony, flabby upper arm and laughed. It was hot because it was the most physical contact we ever had but horrifying since my once firm arm is anything but now.

Luis and his boyfriend and I are now secret bff's and it's really hot sneaking around the office having friendship conversations. Luis is out to everyone but his coworkers and it must remain this way. People will get suspicious if they see us hanging out together since there is no reason for us to have any contact.

We are going to see STARDUST this weekend and hopefully the magic of the movie stays ON THE SCREEN!

No comments: